What do these all have in common?
- Post-It notes
- Scraps of paper
- Forgotten web pages on the computer
- Spiral bound notebook
Being a completely unproductive and inefficient way of keeping track of our awesome blog ideas!
And after knowing that I had to be strategic in planning my new business blog, I quickly realized that my spiral bound notebook was not working!
So, I had to …
It’s so easy, but sometimes that procrastination bug kicks in and we think, “Oh, I’ll just write down this idea [somewhere] and find it later.”
Don’t do it!
Tools for Getting Organized
I realized that I just needed to put three simple things in place and I would be much better prepared for building my business.
- 3-Ring Binder with dividers and lined paper (for written ideas)
- Bookmark folder on my computer (with sub-folders to organize all those fantastic online ideas)
- Folder on my hard drive (to save documents and other ideas)
Two other online tools that are extremely helpful and can be accessed anywhere on any device are:
- Pinterest (organizing images and online ideas)
- Evernote (organizing written ideas as well as things you like, see and hear)
Now I have a binder organized into five topics:
- Blog Help
- Post Ideas
- Revenue Ideas
- Blog Design
- eBook Ideas
And in less than one hour, I had:
- Cut out pages from my spiral notebook and put them into my binder
- Created 11 sub-folders for my 92 website links in my main business blog folder
- Created a folder on my hard drive labeled “New Blog”
Save yourself hours of frustration and repeated work by simply getting organized!
What have you done to get organized for your blog?
Posts in this series:
- Building a Business Blog Tip #1: You Don’t Make Money Blogging
- Building a Business Blog Tip #2: Be Strategic
- Building a Business Blog Tip #3: Get Organized